The exterior of Goodwater Montessori School's main building at sunset
Pre-Kindergarten students do need to have independence in the bathroom at Goodwater.
Please see Goodwater’s Toilet Learning Expectations.
Public schools must give admissions priority to eligible PK students over ineligible ones.
To be eligible for the State-Funded Public Pre-Kindergarten Program, a child must be at least three years of age by September 1 of the school year and meet one of the following requirements:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is educationally disadvantaged which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program – (Guidelines can be found here); or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child’s guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services; or
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award